Friday, July 27, 2012

Pimms Cup

It’s Olympics o’clock! Nothing says London in the summer more than a refreshing ‘cup’ of Pimms No. 1 so that’s exactly what we’re planning on imbibing tonight while watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games. I am sure there are many ways we could mix this into some great cocktail (like this one) but I think I’ll stick to the original and have it with 7-up, citrus fruit, cucumber and a sprig or two of mint. Nice thing about this is you can make a big jug of it and drink it all night long - though I may think differently about this in the morning!
I’ll be honest about Pimms, it was never a preferred drink of mine – those summer evenings in the Pavilion at Trinity College, or times visiting friends in England watching cricket on the village green from the local pub – I usually favored beer. But tastes do change and I’m willing to give it another go!

By the way, we’ll be going for a Ruby Murray beforehand so I might partake of a beer or two too!

No comments:

Post a Comment