Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ruby Summer

Last weekend I went to New York on a mission: spend as much time nattering with the the delectable Domestigeek and do as much 'cocktail research' as my liver would allow. Consider it a success! Research day two brought us to the tap room of the Dead Rabbit where we made a decent dent on the menu - and were right at home sitting at the bar to boot. On my next trip I'll make it upstairs to the parlor!

The Bitter Bramble inspired this one. I wanted to use a gift we received earlier this year of Ruby Blue Wild Blackcurrant Liqueur (aka Irish cassis) and so replaced the creme de framboise with it. This was perfect - light, refreshing, summary and not too sweet.

1 1/2 oz Gin
1/2 oz Blackcurrant Liqueur
1/4 oz Fresh Lime Juice
4-6 oz Fever Tree Tonic Water (half a bottle)
Lots of ice
Berries to garnish

Stir all ingredients in a glass with ice. You may call it a fancy G&T, I call it summer in a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment