Friday, January 31, 2014

Meyer Lemonita

 
It's been a quiet January blog wise but lest you think it's been a dry January let me assure you that just by looking at our whiskey and Campari bottles it's not at all true. We've obviously been comfort drinking through this 'polar vortex' of a winter but we did have a break and created a Meyer lemonita.
 
I never really noticed Meyer lemons until last year and when I went to make something with them they were gone from the stores - they've a short season so I jumped at the chance this year to try some infusions and juicing them. Not disappointed either.
 
I infused tequila with the peel of two lemons (trying to get as little of the bitter white pith as possible) and kept it in the fridge of a few days. Every time I went to the fridge I'd give it a little shake and drool at the thought of it. This is what we did with it when it was ready ...
 
 
2 oz Meyer lemon infused 100% agave tequila
1 oz gin
2 oz Meyer lemon juice
Agave nectar to sweeten (to one's own taste)
 
Shake above with ice in cocktail shaker and pour into a salt rimmed glass (or sugar if that's your thing) and add some lemon zest for garnish.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment