Sunday, February 8, 2015

Paddington

I've long been fan of a little bear called Paddington so I knew I couldn't miss the movie but I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did - so much that we got the marmalade out when we got home and created this. Taken from a recipe in the winter Imbibe magazine but where they used homemade lemon/grapefruit marmalade we added a little grapefruit juice to compensate.

1 1/2 oz Hennessay Cognac
3/4 oz Cointreau
1/2 oz Fresh Meyer Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
1 tsp Orange Marmalade
Meyer Lemon peel for garnish

Shake all the ingredients together 'dry' first (without ice) to 'dissolve' the marmalade. Add ice to chill and strain  into  chilled cocktail glasses. You might want to spoon some of the marmalade bits into the glasses too. 

Proceed to stick your snout in and guzzle it down Paddington style.


No comments:

Post a Comment